Pages

Monday 2 November 2015

Dramatic Effect....

To anyone who doesn't know me well; it might come as a surprise; just how much visceral pleasure I take in flailing the b'jeesuz out of the assorted crop residues and weeds; that hang about the place making it look untidy, at the tail end of the season.

There is no small thrill; in having; even a relatively small amount of horse power; hydrocarbons; and last centuries agricultural implementation; at ones disposal.
It enables a swift transformation from vegetative nuisance; to valuable mulch with one noisy pass...

Enjoying those destructive powers so much might provide a counterpoint to the oft perceived organic vegetable growing; country cycling; yoga preaching; wholesome bundle of loveliness image'.

Which can on occasion; get a bit tiresome; given that; as with most lazy pigeon holeing; it's not quite the whole story...

Really glad the sun came out too.

That made first day back; at proper work just a bit more bearable.
Plentiful crops showing in background, beetroot, parsnip, and furthest away Florence Fennel... Harvesting a good amount of that again this week.

3 comments:

  1. ecky thump I think I may have cracked this bit of technology , is anybody there?........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Basil; welcome to my world of wonky veg' and wonder...

      Delete
  2. So excited to post something, other than in a box with a stamp on it and when did anyone last do that (other than for the little old lady down the road.......), that I forgot to say please don't hand over my fennel to people who don't appreciate it or they'll have me to answer to. It is looking particularly special this year and although I know TECHNICALLY it doesn't belong to me in every other way, it is mine.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment; or question....But be warned; you might get a reply...