Pages

Friday 25 March 2016

Eostre Crafting...

Look! I made this myself; out of old pallets!

P'raps I should post a 'how to'  video later?

'Man Friday' on this 'Good Friday' would have been thrilled I'm sure.

If  he had been on hand to enjoy the,

"Once you've got a fire going; it isn't really work anymore", conclusion to the days labours....



However, despite having assured me that he would be reporting for duties on this bank holiday, my usual end of the week help, had to dash off to the aid of an apparently even needier friend..

Another of his favourite aphorisms:

"A real friend will help you move; a true friend will help you move a body...."

It wasn't quite that desperate. in fact this other mate had requested assistance with shifting a boat..... From Antigua.....To Gibraltar. So what was he to do? Hmmn...

My Ma' this time.... "That's the trouble with volunteers... You can't sack 'em...."

The purpose of today's conflagration; alongside practicing some axe - wielding 'butchcraft' was to burn last years haulm* off the metal mesh pea and bean supports. the peas are getting taller every day...

Something that Man Friday likes to take home most weeks; in addition to a supply of veg' ; is a new word. And 'haulm' was one such. That being the residue; stalks etc; left over after cropping; they go up with a beautiful crackle.

So, cheered by the flames, I got over my disappointment fairly swiftly; and reminded myself not to be curmudgeonly about other folks' expeditions.

 I did after all get to spend this Good Friday beavering by myself in the garden; something the usually office bound might be wishing to do all through the working week; every week. 
It could all be looked upon as 'self made luck'  whilst at the same time producing things of benefit to other folk too. So no business being grumpy whatsoever...

 Plus there are a few briefish jaunts outside the valley in the offing.

And besides; bodies can be moved by other means...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment; or question....But be warned; you might get a reply...